Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

mp4 not playing in safari

Level 1

Hi guys,

I am facing a weird issue with the html video tag not displaying video only in safari and its loading as expected in all other browsers. Another weird issue is that i am seeing this issue only in production but not in dev or stage. If anyone knows if there is any config that needs to be changed or a way this can be handled would be of great help.

Thanks!

~Sandy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sandy91,

From looking at caniuse.com, it looks like the video element should be compatible with Safari. From what you had said, the development and staging environment is working as expected. 

The code should be working as expected, this is definitely some kind of permission problem with the video file from production. Can you check the permissions on the video URL? If the video file lives inside of of the publisher, does the webserver allow video files to be served and accessed by users? Are there any environment restraints?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Sandy91 ,

This seems to be an UI issue so you need to check with UI perspective not from AEM, because in AEM we don't have any browser specific configuration in general. So whatever config we have it will available on all the browsers.

Sometimes in some of the versions of a browser doesn't work as expected so you need to check in that way as well.

But for sure this will be handled by the css, js and html not from AEM.

Regards

Umesh Thakur

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sandy91,

From looking at caniuse.com, it looks like the video element should be compatible with Safari. From what you had said, the development and staging environment is working as expected. 

The code should be working as expected, this is definitely some kind of permission problem with the video file from production. Can you check the permissions on the video URL? If the video file lives inside of of the publisher, does the webserver allow video files to be served and accessed by users? Are there any environment restraints?

Level 2

Hi @Sandy91  

Did you get fix of this issue?