Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Moving Pages Without Immediately Publishing Change

Level 2

We are in the process of reorganizing our website.  Part of this process is moving sections of the website into a seperate site on the same AEM server.  I don't want to publish the changes though until all the pages have been moved and then just republish the entire site(s).  It looks like moving pages on author automatically unpublishes them from the old location and republishes them to the new location.  Is there a way to make these changes without them automatically getting pushed to publish?

7 Replies

Employee

Moving pages which were already publishes would trigger a DELETE request for the publish instance, move the page to the new location in the author instance and then replicate it back to the Publish instance.

You can do this operation by either disabling the replication agent for a while so that items you move get blocked and don't get deleted/replicated on the publish instance or you can remove the replicate rights for the user with which you are trying to move pages.

Level 2

Hi Kunwar,

Is this the case?

We have been seeing this issue a lot when we move a published page in author, it keeps a copy of old page in publisher. We then had to go to publisher to delete it.

Any better way to move a published page?

Level 3

We are facing exactly this issue recently. Is there any resolution to this ? We are on AEM 6.3

Community Advisor

Hi,

If the page was already published, moving the page will automatically unpublish it. By default, it will be republished when the move is complete, but this can changed by unchecking the Republish field in the Adjust/Republish step.

More info

Creating and Organizing Pages

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Hi,

But this unchecking option doesnt come when we try to do a bulk move(more than 150 pages),something at top most level of the site.

is there any other way to stop it from publishing, btw i have unpublished pages then why does it trying to publish them.

Thanks,

Deepikaa

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure why it is not enabled but for bulk move you can duplicate/copy the content at new location instead moving and later unpublished and delete he old and publish new content.

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 2

I am not sure, we keep facing this issue time to time.. I am not sure why and how. we are in 6.4.