Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Moving components inside container component.

Level 3

Hi Team,

I have a container component which on configuration adds another sub components inside it.  The issue is I am not able move/delete/cut/copy those sub components.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rachna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I strongly recommend that you work through this Weekend tutorial to learn the best AEM development practices. You are asking questions covered here:

Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Please check required cq:actions are added to sub component and also check the parsys where you are trying to move the sub component has configuration set to add the sub component.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.14.21 AM.png

You can go to design mode and add sub component to the parsys where you are trying to move.

Hope this helps!

Level 10

Is the outer component that AEM Responsive Grid? There should be no issue when you have components within the Responsive grid. Or are you building a custom component that contains child components.

Level 3

Hi guys

Thanks a lot for your response. 

I added cq:actions to sub component and it started working however moving cards inside container is not smooth operation, it's so flaky and doesn't move cards very easily, not a great user experience. 

Is it possible to pre-populate parsys with the sub component as soon as user configures parent container component?

We are not using AEM responsive grid, we have got custom grid.  We are building custom component that contains child components and these child components are also custom components.  Basically custom list component with custom card components, both configurable.

Thanks

Level 10

You should try to use the Responsive grid to define a layout. It will be smoother to move CARD components within it. i will try this and post back.

Level 3

Thanks for your suggestion, could you please tell us from where to start for using AEM Responsive grid?  Also, will it work on Classic and Touch UI?

I heard that Responsive grid css floats and old css standards that can yield unexpected results especially in new browsers?

Also, it's too many lines of code i.e. 840 lines of css per breakpoint per layout?

Also regarding this move thingie, I had to put sub component in parsys and then it allowed me to move without parsys it didn't allow me to move.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 10

I strongly recommend that you work through this Weekend tutorial to learn the best AEM development practices. You are asking questions covered here:

Getting Started with AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial