Expand my Community achievements bar.

Missing Information in Prefill field

Level 5

I have a form that prefills Payroll Classification title information to a section lower in the form.  Most of the time all items appear but sometimes they don't.  The index number will appear but not the field information. There can be just one title and it doesn't fill; or it can be multiples and maybe a couple different titles will not fill.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yvu5Zql7joLxsOvgwpZokUfNrBZmhEuD?usp=sharing 

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@ReluctantProgrammer 

I have the form handy with me, and it seems to be a complex one to understand based on the problem statement. 

Could you elaborate on the problem statement with an example?

There are two examples....one which explains how it should work and shows it working correctly.  The second example shows an instance of where it did not complete properly.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yvu5Zql7joLxsOvgwpZokUfNrBZmhEuD?usp=sharing 

Community Advisor

I have created more than 50 instances but the issue has not been replicated.

Try to replace the script in the change event with the below:

xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform[1].subSummary.tblSummary.summaryRepeatingRow["+ payrollIndex + "].summaryPayrollTitle").rawValue = xfa.event.newText;

Rename your second page as Page2, then the script will be as below:

xfa.resolveNode("form1.Page2.subSummary.tblSummary.summaryRepeatingRow["+ payrollIndex + "].summaryPayrollTitle").rawValue = xfa.event.newText;

I didn't see any other issue.

If the issue still persist, then you can try to put the script in exit event instead of change event

script for exit

xfa.resolveNode("form1.Page2.subSummary.tblSummary.summaryRepeatingRow["+ payrollIndex + "].summaryPayrollTitle").rawValue = this.rawValue;

Thanks

The scripting examples did not work.  Considering this issue is a "hit and miss" (created more than 50 instances without an error) situation I'm not sure if there is truly an issue or not. 

Users have been instructed to use Adobe Reader but is there anything else they should be sure to avoid an error?  Maybe some "best practice" I'm not aware of?

Community Advisor

Please share the data file if possible.