Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Migrate content from Team site to AEM

Level 1

Hello All,

In one of my project i have a requirement where i need to migrate content from TeamSite to AEM, The source site is built using Team site CMS now it needs to be moved / migrate to AEM system.

Any pointers across this or any sample code snippet would really helpful or appreciable.

Thanks

Sailaxman

8 Replies

Level 10

I am not sure what you mean by migration code. If you have content  - such as HTML/images/videos in another CMS system, you need to build your AEM site using AEM templates and components, Then you need to organize your site into Header, body, nav and footer, etc. You can build the AEM site as shown here: Scott's Digital Community: Creating your First Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 website

Notice how the pages are organized, HTML is copied into components - like the footer component, etc.

Level 1

Hi , 

I am unable to access above link. 

I believe my project requirement resembles this.. i have to migrate complete website from teamsite to AEM.

Please help.

Level 2
Level 2
  • In TeamSite content stored in the form of data capture record ( xml format).
  • In AEM content stored in the form of properties's value in JCR nodes.
  • Create a mapping between dcr (xml) nodes to jcr nodes/properties.
  • Then you can create a custom java application that can read xmls (dcrs) from TeamSite as an input and can create JCR node tree as per mapping  and store content in the form of properties values in created jcr nodes in AEM.

Level 1

Hi,

I am too migrating Teamsite to AEM. I have xml files and I am trying to create cq xml file by XSLT transformation.

Please let me know my approach is OK. Can you please provide any sample code or detail approch.

Level 1

Hi,

I have to migrate and author the pages. I don't have access to back end/ sling model 

Please suggest how to proceed.