Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Metadata refresh on card view of Assets

Former Community Member

Hello Experts !

I have a question about the refresh api on card view. We have a logic as part of “DAM Update Asset Workflow” which sets some metadata, Lets Say Status as NEW, OLD etc.

Our requirement is to show this value on card view. Once file is uploaded i notice all metadata shows up except my custom metadata and it start appearing when i refresh the page.

I would like to understand how can i make OOTB content refresh API to be able to pick up this value and show on screen.

AEM Version Used : AEM 6.1

Thanks !

4 Replies

Level 10

THis is a good use case. We are going to hold an Ask the Experts on March with the topic being deeper dive into AEM Workflows. Use cases like this will be good to cover.

I am looking for some examples here to help you in mean time. 

SO your issue is the custom metadata is not being displayed until you refresh the page?

Level 10

Based on your description necessary overlay/merge to display custom metadata is done at [1].  Only pending is custom metadata display after refresh is that correct?

In that case it is expected because extraction of metadata workflow runs after upload is complete. You will be able to view only after workflow is completed and refresh is initiated. 

[1]   /libs/dam/gui/content/assets/jcr:content/body/assetscontent/content/items/childassets

Former Community Member

Yes, necessary overlay/merge to display custom metadata is already done.

Although, that still raise one question that custom step to set this metadata is before the "thumbnail generation" step of "DAM Update Asset Workflow". Refresh API is able to refresh the thumbnail of image from card view but updated metadata still not showing. Is there a way i can explicitly initiate refresh after workflow is completed ?