Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

How to view pdfs from dynamic media delivery URLs?

Level 2

We currently have next generation dynamic media set up, and we're trying to do some custom work for PDFs. What we're not sure about is how to get the proper link for PDFs.

Our assets come from a delivery URL like this:

delivery-p12345-e12345.adobeaemcloud.com/adobe/dynamicmedia/deliver/urn:aaid:aem:12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789abc/Report.pdf

This loads the first page just fine, but it doesn't allow users to view the rest of the pages or download the pdf. Appreciate any help or links to documentation. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi @IshaJa 

I understand that you're trying to provide access to an entire PDF file, rather than just the first page, using a delivery URL from Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) Assets. By default, the URL you have only shows the first page of the PDF in a web browser.

To enable the entire PDF viewing and downloading, you need to modify the delivery URL. Adobe AEM provides the pdf/ path to allow users to download the original PDF or view the entire document.

Update your delivery URL to include pdf/ in the path, like this:

https://delivery-p12345-e12345.adobeaemcloud.com/adobe/dynamicmedia/deliver/urn:aaid:aem:12345678-12...

This new URL will allow users to view the entire PDF in a browser and download the original PDF file.

For more information, you can refer to Adobe's official documentation on configuring and using dynamic media in AEM Assets:

Level 2

Hi, I tried that but it didn't work, I got this error. Any other ideas? 

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 10.28.26 AM.png