Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Maven build fails with Unable to compile class for JSP

Level 4

I'm trying to build my AEM project with maven but keep hitting this error on the compile-jsp step

Here's the error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.sling:maven-jspc-plugin:2.0.8:jspc (compile-jsp) on project some-app: Unable to compile class for JSP: [ERROR] An error occurred at line: 14 in the jsp file: /apps/some=app/pages/t18-1_internal_static_content/body.jsp [ERROR] The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

I've read this could have something to do with the java version being used. Here's the info provided by mvn -version

Apache Maven 3.3.3 (7994120775791599e205a5524ec3e0dfe41d4a06; 2015-04-22T07:57:37-04:00)
Maven home: /usr/local/apache-maven-3.3.3
Java version: 1.8.0_71, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_71.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.11.4", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi guys! I was able to fix by going in 'Run Configuration" --> 'Maven Build' --> Click on JRE tab and select Jave SE 7 and it worked. Attached a screenshot for reference.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

For a test - try running JDK 1.7. Let us know what happens. 

Level 7

Hi,

Try to incorporate Scott's suggestion. Also there is a similar kind of error posted in the below community discussion. Please take a look at this and see if it helps.

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

Thanks

Tuhin

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi guys! I was able to fix by going in 'Run Configuration" --> 'Maven Build' --> Click on JRE tab and select Jave SE 7 and it worked. Attached a screenshot for reference.

Level 10

Thanks for posting this - I have seen issues like his posted in the forums with respect to JDK 1.8. I am still using 1.7 - seems to work better with AEM.