Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

maven archtype for AEMaaCS

Level 2

Hi ,

Could some one help with the archetype compatibility for the using the AEMaaCS?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@sravs508 

Use the following command to generate the maven project archtype for AEM as a cloud service

mvn -B archetype:generate \
 -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem \
 -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype \
 -D archetypeVersion=cloud \
 -D appTitle="Sample Site" \
 -D appId="sample-site" \
 -D groupId="com.samplesite"

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2
thanks Anudeep_Garnepudi , so it means if i use archtype 19 in aem 6.4 then to migrate i need to upgrade the archtype?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@sravs508 

Use the following command to generate the maven project archtype for AEM as a cloud service

mvn -B archetype:generate \
 -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem \
 -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype \
 -D archetypeVersion=cloud \
 -D appTitle="Sample Site" \
 -D appId="sample-site" \
 -D groupId="com.samplesite"

Employee Advisor

@sravs508

AEM cloud service support is available in Archetype 23 onwards and the latest Archetype is 24.
To set up the project with latest archetype, you can refer here: https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype

You would have to provide "aemVersion=cloud" in the mvn archetype:generate command. Refer the above link for all the other available properties.

Level 2
Thanks for the reply, My current AEM version is 6.4 and uses archtype 13 and if i need to migrate to cloud i need to upgrade to latest archtype and then follow the migration process?

Employee Advisor
@sravs508 Yes that's correct. There are a lot of changes with respect to how code is organized in aem cloud service. Refer to this link to understand the changes: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/implementing/developing/aem...