Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

logs not getting updated when running AEM inside windows

Level 8

as above.

So it's my first time using Windows as a local development machine. I've always used Macs before my latest role. But my issue is that none of the files inside /crx-quickstart/log is getting updated.

as an example:

if I open up a page for editing, the cmd.exe will be very busy with logging. But if I check the files inside /log, none of them has increased in size. When using AEM inside a Mac, I know access.log and error.log will be very busy getting updates.

Any ideas on what's happening? Thanks

--------

Things I tried:

1. I tried running java -Xmx4096m -jar cq-author-p4502.jar
  2. I tried using the start scripts inside crx-quickstart/bin
  3. I tried numbers 1 and 2 but using cmd.exe (run-as admin)
  4. I tried numbers 1 and 2 but using powershell (run-as admin)
  5. As a test, I deleteg all the *.log inside /crx-quickstart/logs and restarted AEM. all the files are showing up as zero bytes. (I tried opening the file using nano in Windows terminal and there's nothing there.)

2022-08-09 16_18_42-Classifieds _ Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org.png

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 ,

I believe it is nothing regarding the platform, can you try opening the files in Notepad++ and check?

Level 8

I opened error.log using nano (a console text editor similar to vi) inside Windows terminal and the file is empty.

Community Advisor

there is nothing related to Operating system windows/linux. Close file explorer,

Open  <aem-installed>/crx-quickstart\logs , refresh and open logs in notepad++ or any other app and reload if required.