Expand my Community achievements bar.

Login component with contexthub

Level 5

Hi Team,

I have a page on which I want to implement personalization after login,

personalization works fine when context hub tool is used but the same is not implemented using a login component. I have taken reference from following documentation for building the login component Creating a Login Component for the Experience Manager Toy Store

Please let me know your suggestions on the same.

with regards,

Richa Chaubey

5 Replies

Level 10

Login component is only to login a user. That is, a user has to login to view the website.

It has nothing to do with personalization.

Look at this artilce on using the Contexthub and personalization

Using the Adobe Experience Manager ContextHub to work with Personal Experiences

Here is another one that shows different experience fragments based on user:

Working with Experience Fragments and the Experience Manager ContextHub

THose two articles deal with different content based on the user.

Level 10

Hi,

Scott is right. Login is nothing to do with personalization. You need to use context hub to for personalization.

-Ratna.

Level 5

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply,

What would be the process for setting the context hub when an user lands on published page. With the help sample personas available in the context hub tab we can give demos, but how do we set profile data in live scenarios.

With regards,

Richa Chaubey

Level 10

Contexthub is not used on published page - you can use Context Hub to simulate the audience on Author.

Look at this article - we introduce two users:

Using the Adobe Experience Manager ContextHub to work with Personal Experiences

We change the content located in the page depending on which AEM user is viewing the page:

• Alexander Oxenfree
  • Lady Oxenfree

On Author - we use Contexthub to setup the targeted content and view the results. When everything is published to the PUB server - the targeted content will appear. That is, if Lady Oxenfree logs in - the will see the targeted content. Likewise, if Alexander Oxenfree logs in - they will see the targeted content.