Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Live copy from Blueprint

Community Advisor

Hi,

I am trying to create a live copy from a blue print. However, I am facing the below issues.

1. I've created the blueprint in MSM Control Center. Path is: /content/MyProject/en/Area1/MyArea. MyArea page has 19 child pages. But when I created the live copy using this blue print, it is creating only the 18 child pages. But if I create live copy directly from the path, it is creating all the nodes. I have not changed any default settings in Blueprint Control Center. 

2. After I create the live copy, I don't see any this live copy linked to the above blue print in Blueprint Control Center.

2. When I create a live copy (Livecopy name: TestLiveCopy) using the above blue print, it is creating: /content/TestLiveCopy/MyArea. But I don't want the TestLiveCopy node. Is there any setting to not create the live copy node.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies

Level 10

Have you read through all the related AEM documentation:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/sites/multi-site-manager/msm-admin.html

I am not sure why you get only 18 child pages when 19 should be created. 

Community Advisor

smacdonald2008 wrote...

Have you read through all the related AEM documentation:

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/sites/multi-site-manager/msm-admin.html

I am not sure why you get only 18 child pages when 19 should be created. 

Thanks Scott for your reply. I have seen this documentation before and now I observed that Blueprint Control Center is taking some time to display the live copy.

And when I create the live copy, it is creating the live copy node? Is there any way to not create the node?

The docs specify the method to use to create this node. 

"now I observed that Blueprint Control Center is taking some time to display the live copy."

I am wondering if you are encountering a bug. 

I will check with support to see if there is known issue.