Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Less compilation error in AEM 6.0 (SP1)

Level 4

I started testing AEM 6.0 with SP1 today and got couple of LESS compilation issue.

In one of my LESS file "xyz.less", I have included another LESS file in xyz.less for mobile responsiveness with @import "xyz.mobile". This was working fine till AEM 5.6 but to make it work in AEM 6.0 I had to convert @import "xyz.mobile" to @import "xyz.mobile.less". Is this really required or anything changed in AEM 6.0 or SP1?

Thanks, Pankaj.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Even after installing feature pack it didn't work. Going to raise a daycare.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Try with installing locally, If works file daycare requesting hotfix for GRANITE-1579

Level 9

Do you see any errors in error.log? What kind of issue you see?

Level 4

When I tried running dumplibs, I noticed some errors in error.log.

com.day.cq.widget.impl.LessCompilerImpl Resource referenced in @import statement not defined: failed to compile less /etc/designs/project/clientlib/less/componentsxyz/xyz.less: couldn't load /etc/designs/project/clientlib/less/components/xyz/xyz.mobile (404)

Afterwards I changed import statement to @import "xyz.mobile.less" and it worked (as I mentioned above in my problem statement)

Level 4

Thanks. I will try installing the package you mentioned.

What's GRANITE-1579 about? Did you already log a ticket?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Even after installing feature pack it didn't work. Going to raise a daycare.

Level 10

Pankaj Rohira wrote...

Thanks. I will try installing the package you mentioned.

What's GRANITE-1579 about? Did you already log a ticket?

It is internal reference number to  make less parser handle @imports without ".less" extension