Expand my Community achievements bar.

Launch site programmatically

Level 5

I want a custom event listener (on adding a file to a folder) to trigger the launching of a site. What I mean by launching is taking the user's screen to a custom built website.

Is this possible?

5 Replies

Level 10

Can you elaborate your use case a bit more?

a example would be great.

Administrator

Just to clear the use-case

1. What is the event that will trigger to open the web page?

2. What do you mean by user screen? Is it any screen that user is on? 

3. What exactly you want to achieve? what is that current AEM implementation is not helping out you with?

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

kautuksahni wrote...

3. What exactly you want to achieve? what is that current AEM implementation is not helping out you with?

~kautuk

1) On upload of a file in the DAM (Any folder under under /content/dam)

2) User screen as in current screen on AEM the user is viewing. For this case it'll be whatever folder the user uploaded to under /content/dam

3) On upload of the file I need event to take the screen to a site instead of the DAM.

Thanks!

Administrator

TheBigRed wrote...

kautuksahni wrote...

~kautuk

2) User screen as in current screen on AEM the user is viewing. For this case it'll be whatever folder the user uploaded to under /content/dam

3) On upload of the file I need event to take the screen to a site instead of the DAM.

Thanks!

This is a very specific workflow that you want to achieve. I mean anyone can counter it by saying that if there is need to upload more of the assets then they would have to return back to assets page (as they would have directed to main site). And it would be also the case that which page the event will open. Later if we want to open some other page then we need to do changes in the code for that. Currently after loading the assets we can go to specific site then why to make it event driven. I still do not find any strong reason for 

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 5

kautuksahni wrote...

TheBigRed wrote...

kautuksahni wrote...

~kautuk

Thanks!

This is a very specific workflow that you want to achieve. I mean anyone can counter it by saying that if there is need to upload more of the assets then they would have to return back to assets page (as they would have directed to main site). And it would be also the case that which page the event will open. Later if we want to open some other page then we need to do changes in the code for that. Currently after loading the assets we can go to specific site then why to make it event driven. I still do not find any strong reason for 

~kautuk

You can leave which page my event will open to me. I just want to know if this is possible and if so how to do it programmatically?

Thanks!