Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

jcrresolver error

Level 3

I am getting the below error when opening the ../system/console/jcrresolver, Only a portion of the page opens and then errors out. This AEM instance is installed on an Amazon Linux EC2 instance where I replaced open jdk with jdk7_u25. Earlier I thought that this could be a jdk issue but with same jdk7_u25 version - jcrresolver seems to be working fine fine on a local instance on my windows machine.

Any idea, what is breaking the jcrresolver on my EC2 instance? Please advice.

INFO* [Reverse Replication Processor] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse Reverse replication successful.
31.01.2014 06:04:13.138 *INFO* [Reverse Replication Processor] com.day.cq.replication.Agent.publish_reverse Fetched 0 contents from http://<ip:host>/bin/receive?sling:authRequestLogin=1 since null
31.01.2014 06:04:16.907 *INFO* [115.114.69.129 [1391166256878] GET /system/console/jcrresolver HTTP/1.1] servletengine Servlet threw exception:  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!
       at java.util.ComparableTimSort.mergeLo(ComparableTimSort.java:714)
       at java.util.ComparableTimSort.mergeAt(ComparableTimSort.java:451)
       at java.util.ComparableTimSort.mergeCollapse(ComparableTimSort.java:376)
       at java.util.ComparableTimSort.sort(ComparableTimSort.java:182)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

File daycare and request for hotfix CQ 5.6.1 HotFix 3711  should resolve the issue

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

I think that exception is due to a change in Java 7:

http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7193557

It'll probably go away if you use Java 6 instead. What version of CQ are you running?

And you might want to verify that both instances are in fact running on Java 7 (e.g. via "ps -ef" or Windows Task Manager or something).

Otherwise maybe that code isn't being executed on your local instance for some reason. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

File daycare and request for hotfix CQ 5.6.1 HotFix 3711  should resolve the issue

Level 3

Thanks Sham & David.

I applied cq-5.6.1-hotfix-3711 and it worked.