Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Jackrabbit Usermanager

Level 1

I came across this article https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/managing-users-and-groups-jackrabbit-usermanager.html on the Apache Sling site. This jackrabbit-usermanager bundle exposes REST interface to perform CRUD actions on users and groups. It doesn't seem like this bundle is included in the default AEM instance, and if it is could someone point me to the documentation?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

All these operations listed on that Sling page - ie: 

can be performed via a Sling Servlet that uses the Jackrabbit API. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

Good question @nickcramaro. Unfortunately I do not know but, fingers crossed, someone does know the answer and will share.

Level 10

If you want to manipulate users and groups via code - why not use the Java API.

See: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/using-jackrabbit-usermanager-apis-6.html

I do not believe the other bundle is OOTB.

Most ppl use the Jackrabbit API. 

Level 1

I have a requirement to provide an SPA like experience in a certain component and need access to some user group information after the page has been loaded based on user interaction.

Level 10

Why not create a custom sling servlet that uses Jackrabbit API (to retrieve user/group information) and then you can invoke the servlet via a GET request to obtain what ever information you need. That is the benefit of AEM - you can build custom services/servlets to meet your business requirements. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

All these operations listed on that Sling page - ie: 

can be performed via a Sling Servlet that uses the Jackrabbit API. 

Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion. I will probably just go that route.