Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM 6.2: NonExistingResource for node under etc

Level 3

Hi,

Is there any change in behaviour of ResourceResolver(org.apache.sling.api.resource) in AEM 6.2 because it returns me NonExistingResource when trying to resolve resource(node) under /etc/xxx.

This used to work fine in AEM 6.0 SP3.

For example, We have few data pages under /etc/lists/top-navigation-configuration-page which we(anonymous users in publish) were able to resolve in WCMUse classes in AEM 6.0 SP3 using getResourceResolver.resolve("etc/lists/top-navigation-configuration-page"). But this piece of code is returning NonExistingResource in AEM 6.2. However, using service resource resolver(resolverFactory.getServiceResourceResolver(param)), resources under /etc/xxx are resolved.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Every user has permissions, also the anonymous user.

Since 6.1 those permissions are more strict in /etc

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 3

Hi Feike Visser,

The issue is in publish for anonymous user.

Employee

Validate the ACL/permissions, they have changed since 6.1.

It is most likely an issue with permissions.

Level 2

I believe, you should create a System User and get resource resolver using Resource Resolver Factory and then try to resolve any path.

Level 3

Hi Feike,

Permissions for anonymous user? Can you please elaborate.

Level 3

Hi bhaskar3bk,

The approach you have mentioned i.e. service resource resolver(in AEM 6.2) is a replacement for admin resource resolver(in AEM 6.0), but the issue i reported is about resource resolver implicit object in AEM component jsp or WCMUse class unable to resolve resources under /etc/*** even the cloud service configurations.

In AEM 6.0 SP3, we were able to resolve without admin resource resolver.

Correct answer by
Employee

Every user has permissions, also the anonymous user.

Since 6.1 those permissions are more strict in /etc

Level 3

Hi Feike,

Thanks for the information. Anonymous user do not have read permissions in AEM 6.2 but available in AEM 6.0.

Workaround is to get service resource resolver and resolve resources under /etc/xxx