Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Issue with wcm/msm/components/ghost

Community Advisor

Hello Team,

I read through all other community posts and internet before coming.

I have an MSM with master pages setup. While i have created live copy pages and deleted the one of the child item in a container by breaking the inheritance, i am getting my current component converted to "wcm/msm/components/ghost". That is fine as it will help us in re-enabling the inheritance but due that it is causing problem in Publisher as well since it is getting extra <div class="ghost <my-comp-name>"></div> since by default all childs under the layout container are getting pulled..

<div class="ghost <my-comp-name>"></div>

<sly data-sly-use.container="com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.LayoutContainer" data-sly-repeat="${container.items}" data-sly-resource="${item.path @ decoration=true, cssClassName='my-comp-name'}"></sly>

@kautuk_sahni Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shashi_Mulugu,

As you said, MSM ghost node is needed in author for re-enabling inheritance in future. 

In publish, as you are listing the resource items from LayoutContainer, you can write a custom implementation of LayoutContainer using below actual implementation as sample. (mapping it to your component resourceType in @Model annotation)

https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/blob/master/bundles/core/src/main/java/com/adobe/cq...

In readItems() method, return the resource list except the ghost resource on conditional basis. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Shashi_Mulugu,

As you said, MSM ghost node is needed in author for re-enabling inheritance in future. 

In publish, as you are listing the resource items from LayoutContainer, you can write a custom implementation of LayoutContainer using below actual implementation as sample. (mapping it to your component resourceType in @Model annotation)

https://github.com/adobe/aem-core-wcm-components/blob/master/bundles/core/src/main/java/com/adobe/cq...

In readItems() method, return the resource list except the ghost resource on conditional basis. 

Community Advisor
Yep looks like that is the only option. Not sure why cannot it be OOTB core