Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Issue with setting up offloading for workflows

Level 2

I've setup offloading between two author instances. When I try to run the workflow (Image update asset) on the primary author instance, I see replication and reverse replication happening in the logs. However, the job never completes and renditions are not brought back to the primary author instance. Looks like this is a permissions issue...but what needs to be set? Here is an excerpt from the offloaded (worker) instance error log:

13.06.2017 11:42:44.945 *INFO* [Adobe Granite Offloading: Default Transporter] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.io.AutoSave Threshold of 1024 reached. saving approx 26 transient changes. 0 unresolved

13.06.2017 11:42:44.957 *ERROR* [Adobe Granite Offloading: Default Transporter] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.io.AutoSave error during auto save - retrying after refresh...

13.06.2017 11:42:44.971 *WARN* [Adobe Granite Offloading: Default Transporter] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.io.Importer Error while committing changes. Retrying import from checkpoint at /. Retries 9/10

13.06.2017 11:42:45.018 *INFO* [Adobe Granite Offloading: Default Transporter] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.io.AutoSave Threshold of 1024 reached. saving approx 26 transient changes. 0 unresolved

13.06.2017 11:42:45.030 *ERROR* [Adobe Granite Offloading: Default Transporter] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.io.AutoSave error during auto save - retrying after refresh...

13.06.2017 11:42:45.042 *ERROR* [Adobe Granite Offloading: Default Transporter] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.fs.io.Importer Error while committing changes. Aborting.

13.06.2017 11:42:45.042 *ERROR* [Adobe Granite Offloading: Default Transporter] org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.packaging.impl.ZipVaultPackage Error during install.

13.06.2017 11:42:45.042 *ERROR* [Adobe Granite Offloading: Default Transporter] com.adobe.granite.offloading.impl.transporter.OffloadingDefaultTransporter javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied

org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.packaging.PackageException: javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied

at org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.packaging.impl.ZipVaultPackage.extract(ZipVaultPackage.java:239)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.packaging.impl.JcrPackageImpl.extract(JcrPackageImpl.java:423)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.packaging.impl.JcrPackageImpl.install(JcrPackageImpl.java:392)

at com.adobe.granite.offloading.impl.transporter.OffloadingDefaultTransporter.installPackage(OffloadingDefaultTransporter.java:576)

at com.adobe.granite.offloading.impl.transporter.OffloadingDefaultTransporter.processJobInput(OffloadingDefaultTransporter.java:306)

at com.adobe.granite.offloading.impl.transporter.OffloadingDefaultTransporter.processEvent(OffloadingDefaultTransporter.java:390)

at com.adobe.granite.offloading.impl.OffloadingProcessor.run(OffloadingProcessor.java:256)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied

8 Replies

Level 10

I agree - it looks like a workflow permission issue:

javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: OakAccess0000: Access denied

Is the user part of the  workflow-users group?

Level 2

I'm running as admin on the leader author instance. Would anything special need to happen for the workflow? admin is also the user for the replication agents.

Level 7

Just one question, do you have any email notification step in between which is being sent to a group. Then make sure that group has a user with a email id.

Not even sure if this is relevant to your problem. if not kindly ignore.

Thanks

Level 2

There is no email associated with this workflow. But thanks for the reply.

Level 9

Hi,

In the offloading browser have you enabled the topic correctly?   If so go to the replication agent and verify the user it is using & password is correct, make sure agent is configured correctly.   Also look into replication log the issue is at offloading server not able to install.

Thanks,

Level 2

From an offloading perspective, it's all setup correctly. I even had run about a dozen images using the DAM Update Asset workflow, and about 10 of them ran as expected (renditions created on worker instance, reverse replicated back to master). But for a few of them, I'm still seeing the Oak Access Denied error. So it's not consistent, which makes it worse, IMO.

Level 4

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue in 6.3 offloading workflow, could you please share how did you address the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Level 2

It ended up being a permissions issue. You need to open up the permissions for being able to write to the repository for offloading