Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Issue with custom MIMEType

Level 3

Hi Team,

We have configured the custom VSSX (application/vssx vssx) mime type in MimeTypeServiceImpl.xml to support this file type. It is working fine on the author and publish server however it is not working as expected on the dispatcher. Whenever we try to download this type of file from the dispatcher it opens in the same window and render as a corrupted file. When I check on the publish server under the network tab, it shows the correct  content-type which is missing in the dispatcher:

AK86_0-1702564486410.png

Do we have to configure any custom header to support this mime type on the dispatcher? We have enabled these specific mime types in non-public content directories however it's not working as expected. Kindly let me know what could be done to work it as expected.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AK86 ,

Compare the response header for this request on the publish URL where it is working as expected vs on the dispatcher URL where the file is showing as corrupted. Add these missing response headers if any in the dispatcher clienheader.any file, restart dispatcher, clear cache and give it a try.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AK86 ,

Compare the response header for this request on the publish URL where it is working as expected vs on the dispatcher URL where the file is showing as corrupted. Add these missing response headers if any in the dispatcher clienheader.any file, restart dispatcher, clear cache and give it a try.

Community Advisor

in your dispatcher farm file, try adding

/0052 { /type "allow" /url "*.vssx"  }