Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with card component in AEM 6.4

Level 1

Hi,

I am totally new to AEM.

I am working on Getting Started Developing AEM Sites - WKND Tutorial

I am in part 6 of the tutorial Getting Started with AEM Sites Part 6 - Sling Models and Card Component

I have created a card component but unable to find the card component in CRXDE lite.

Also I am not clear about the below step. Please explain what the below step states.I have not implemented it.

Next, define a dialog for the Card component with the following fields:

articlePath - path finder field for authors to select an article that will drive the content of the card. It is a required field.

titleOverride - The card by default will display the underlying Article's title. This is an optional text field for authors to override the display title in the card.

hideDescription - A checkbox that allows an author to toggle the display of the article's description in the card.

Can anyone please help me with this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi vinis2730879 ,

The following simply describes what fields will be in the dialog.

```

articlePath - path finder field for authors to select an article that will drive the content of the card. It is a required field.

titleOverride - The card by default will display the underlying Article's title. This is an optional text field for authors to override the display title in the card.

hideDescription - A checkbox that allows an author to toggle the display of the article's description in the card.

```

Step 5 and Step 6 are really combined. The only action you need to do on Step 5 is: Beneath the card component create a new node named cq:dialog of type nt:unstructured.

Defining AEM dialogs requires quite a lot of nodes to be created. As a shortcut, the tutorial offers the dialog definition in XML format to expedite the creation of the dialog (Step 6). As to why you don't see the component in CRXDE, I'm assuming you are working in Eclipse? and would need to deploy your code to a local AEM instance using Maven or the Eclipse dev tools.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Administrator

Checking this internally.

Kautuk Sahni

Community Advisor

Wer did you create the component ? Can you send a screenshot ? This will give a more clear idea on what you have done different from the article

Thanks

Veena

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi vinis2730879 ,

The following simply describes what fields will be in the dialog.

```

```

Step 5 and Step 6 are really combined. The only action you need to do on Step 5 is: Beneath the card component create a new node named cq:dialog of type nt:unstructured.

Defining AEM dialogs requires quite a lot of nodes to be created. As a shortcut, the tutorial offers the dialog definition in XML format to expedite the creation of the dialog (Step 6). As to why you don't see the component in CRXDE, I'm assuming you are working in Eclipse? and would need to deploy your code to a local AEM instance using Maven or the Eclipse dev tools.