Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is Iparsys really not recommended to use in editable template?

Level 4

I heard that Iparsys component is not compatible in editable template and not recommended to use in editable template but I never seen any document from adobe on this.

The fact is, Iparsys works in editable template in the same how it works in static template but it may not function properly when you are in editable template but the same will work in actual page. Can you one tell if it is really not recommended to use in editable template? If so please point me to adobe documentation.

UPDATE

Assume that below pages are built on editable template and keep component X in initial content in editable template  which will actually goes to ALL pages while creating

Anderson_Hamer_0-1627155456614.png

Experience fragment or Initial Structure will not be able to replace iparsys. Iparsys has it's own functionality. How do we handle inheritance in a pages that is built on editable template? what is the recommendation from AEM? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

iparsys is part of the product almost forever, and it did have its usecase, but I see them less and less relevant (and also other components taking over, at least partially).

I am not aware of any explicit deprecation or compatibility problem. But the iparsys belongs to the "old" foundation components, and I can cleary see that the focus has shifted to the Core Components, along with editable templates. And I don't think (haven't checked it) that the iparsys can make use of the features provided there, so unless it is re-implemented it does not really fit in.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

iparsys is part of the product almost forever, and it did have its usecase, but I see them less and less relevant (and also other components taking over, at least partially).

I am not aware of any explicit deprecation or compatibility problem. But the iparsys belongs to the "old" foundation components, and I can cleary see that the focus has shifted to the Core Components, along with editable templates. And I don't think (haven't checked it) that the iparsys can make use of the features provided there, so unless it is re-implemented it does not really fit in.

Community Advisor

Hi @Anderson_Hamer ,

You can still make iparsys work with editable templates, but it is NOT recommended by Adobe.

Please go through some interesting and similar conversations in these links:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-6-2-to-6-4-upgrade-iss...

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/iparsys-like-behavior-with...

Please also see comment below from one of the above links.

ChitraMadan_0-1626989093743.png

Adobe recommended way is to use Content Fragments or Experience Fragments to achieve similar functionality to iparsys.

Please let us know if you need help in moving away from iparsys and use newer recommended options.

Thanks,

Chitra

Level 4
Chitra & Jorg - Like you said XF can not replace iparsys behaviour. I could not format the content in comment hence let me update the msg in summary of this ticket. Please check.