Expand my Community achievements bar.

Integrating AEM to work with Azure Blob Storage

Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Followed below link to configure AEM6.4 to work with Azure storage -

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-4/sites/deploying/using/data-store-config.html#AzureDat...

Did all the configuration required for azure data store setup which is documented in above link. But I am not seeing any blob on the azure storage container.

Checked the error logs and logs for "org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.blob.cloud.azure" api on AEM but didn't find any logs regarding the connection from azure.

Below are the logs generated for "org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.blob.cloud.azure" -

##############################################################################################

24.05.2019 14:22:03.948 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-cloud-azure BundleEvent RESOLVED

24.05.2019 14:22:03.949 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-cloud-azure BundleEvent STARTING

24.05.2019 14:22:03.950 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-cloud-azure BundleEvent STARTED

24.05.2019 14:22:03.956 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-cloud-azure Service [817, [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService]] ServiceEvent REGISTERED

24.05.2019 14:22:03.963 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-cloud-azure Service [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.blob.cloud.azure.blobstorage.AzureDataStore,818, [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.AbstractSharedCachingDataStore, org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.AbstractSharedCachingDataStore]] ServiceEvent REGISTERED

24.05.2019 14:22:06.313 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-cloud-azure Service [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.blob.cloud.azure.blobstorage.AzureDataStore,837, [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.blob.BlobStore, org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.blob.GarbageCollectableBlobStore]] ServiceEvent REGISTERED

24.05.2019 14:22:06.313 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-cloud-azure Service [838, [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.blob.stats.BlobStoreStatsMBean]] ServiceEvent REGISTERED

24.05.2019 14:22:06.314 *INFO* [FelixStartLevel] org.apache.jackrabbit.oak-blob-cloud-azure Service [839, [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.api.jmx.CacheStatsMBean]] ServiceEvent REGISTERED

##############################################################################################

Please provide your input to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,

Aman

9 Replies

Employee Advisor

AEM will not move the existing blobs to azure. Only new blobs will be moved to Azure. Have you tried uploading a new asset more than 4 KB?

Level 1

@jbrar - Thanks for the response.

Yeah I tried with 500 KB image and also with 10 MB video by uploading these assets on AEM side but didn't find any blobs on azure.

I am suspecting it may be connection issue as well. But not able to troubleshoot it as no log file [error.log and new log file setup for org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.blob.cloud.azure] is showing azure communication logs.

Any input on troubleshooting?

Level 1

kautuksahniamritvprakashscottm​ - Can you please look into it and provide me your inputs. Thanks in advance !!

Employee Advisor

1. Have you started AEM with crx3,crx3tar-nofds runmode ? crx3tar-nofds one is mandatory as default is fds.

2. If you check repository folder and if you see datastore, then you are still in fds and hence Azure cloud is not connecting.

Level 1

nirmaljosehere​ - Thanks for replying. Please find my comments inline.

1. Have you started AEM with crx3,crx3tar-nofds runmode ? crx3tar-nofds one is mandatory as default is fds.

Yes I have started with "crx3tar-nofds" runmode.

FYI - I am trying on AEM6.4 which is a inplace upgraded from AEM6.2.

I am starting upgraded AEM6.4 environment with java -jar aem-author-4502.jar -r  crx3tar-nofds

But when I check runmode status from aem console with /system/console/status-slingsettings, it doesn't show me crx3tar-nofds.

Run Modes = [crx3, author, samplecontent, crx3tar]

2. If you check repository folder and if you see datastore, then you are still in fds and hence Azure cloud is not connecting. -

Datastore node is there in the repository folder which validates azure cloud is not connecting.

Does any log file show the azure connectivity logs?

Employee Advisor

You can use oak run to check the connectivity faster. Below is the command for AWS S3, may need tweaking for azure (Jackrabbit Oak – Oak Run NodeStore Connection )

Can you screen print your config (sanitised) and the install folder content (connector bundle etc)

Level 1

nirmaljosehere​ -

Executed the oak-run tool with azure data store argument. Please check the below screenshot.

1762701_pastedImage_2.png

Also, find the below screenshot for the config and install folder.

1762702_pastedImage_3.png

Employee Advisor

If you have done inplace upgrade from 6.2, did you do crx2oak migration of the repository ? If not, please follow https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/experience-manager/6-4/sites/deploying/using/in-place-upgrade.html#conten...

Performing an In-Place Upgrade . As mentioned in the document, you need to run first unpack, then run crx2oak and then start AEm with the quickstart jar in /app folder.

The repository can show wrong in the oak version of blobs are incompatible with the new AEM version.

Employee Advisor

Have  you got it fixed. If you have sorted the issue, can you update the answer here. In case, any of the comments were helpful, can you mark them as answer