Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Image Component Rollout from en to all locales

Level 6

Hi Team,

I have different images in en & fr with same name. I authored image component of en image in english page and rolled out to fr page, So, the image component was rolled out but the image component in fr page has fileReference of en image. SO, this works in this way only or there is any way to localise images by rollout ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Keerthi0555 

For Language copies, the URL updates can be configured via Translation Cloud Services.

• Go to Tools > Cloud Services > Translation Cloud Services
  • Browse to /libs > Translation Integration > default_translation
    • Please check for project specific /conf folder first. If the config in unavailable, look in /libs
  • Edit this config
  • Go to Sites Tab. Select one of the settings for Translate Page Assets
    • Example: "Using Sites Translation Workflow" will update image paths after translation

For Live copies, we would need custom rollout, as suggested by @Jagadeesh_Prakash 

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Keerthi0555 

For Language copies, the URL updates can be configured via Translation Cloud Services.

• Please check for project specific /conf folder first. If the config in unavailable, look in /libs
  • Edit this config
    • Example: "Using Sites Translation Workflow" will update image paths after translation

For Live copies, we would need custom rollout, as suggested by @Jagadeesh_Prakash 

Aanchal Sikka

Level 6

Hi Aanchal Sikka,

I followed below steps but it's not translating for language master also

• Edit this config

Community Advisor

@Keerthi0555  To have a localise images you need to write a custom rollout. Their is no OOTB feature available. 

Administrator

@Keerthi0555  Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni