Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replication gets blocked when large amount is provided.

Level 6

We have a service which replicates tags from content path. For replication we are using com.day.cq.replication.Replicator .

It works fine when the amount of tags are less (i.e: 100,200).

But problem arises when we have a vey large number of tags like 10000 or 5000.

I have checked the replication queue, there is nothing. Queue is idle.

Also there is nothing on log. The replication servlet request keeps loading and loading.

What could be the issue here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@kaikubad Are you using this?

ReplicationStatus repStatus = resource.adaptTo(ReplicationStatus.class);

// if you need to get the status for more more than 1 resource at once-
Map<String,ReplicationStatus> allStatus = replicationStatusProvider.getBatchReplicationStatus(resource1,resource2);

Also, there could be a limit, usually, multiple replications are limited to 100 nodes.

Maybe you will have to create a logic for batch-wise replication with a batch size about 100 node. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@kaikubad Anything on logs? Can you check and share the logs too?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@kaikubad Are you using this?

ReplicationStatus repStatus = resource.adaptTo(ReplicationStatus.class);

// if you need to get the status for more more than 1 resource at once-
Map<String,ReplicationStatus> allStatus = replicationStatusProvider.getBatchReplicationStatus(resource1,resource2);

Also, there could be a limit, usually, multiple replications are limited to 100 nodes.

Maybe you will have to create a logic for batch-wise replication with a batch size about 100 node. 

Community Advisor

Hi @kaikubad ,

We face replication issue (queue getting blocked ) when -

We try to replicate bulk content without activating parent folder. Check your logs if you find some exception like 'Parent node not found'.

Also, check if your content node names contain special characters, replicating such nodes also cause issues.

Thanks,

Ritesh Mittal

Level 3

I stumbled on this while searching for an answer as to why some of our content isn't replicating and throwing a similar error. What does it mean if you get a "Parent node not found" error? I've never seen this before. Especially not with content that clearly has a parent node.