Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I've suddenly lost all nodes under /app. Could it be repository corruption???

Level 4

This is an AEM 6.1 instance. I'd changed the memory for the JVM to -Xmx4096m, and I was building SP1 packages, and re-installing them, and all of a sudden, all of my nodes under /app, (e.g., /component) disappeared. The only node that shows in CRXDE Lite under /app is the rep:policy node. I've tried running consistency checks, (both from the Web Console, (http://localhost:4502/system/console/repositorycheck), and under the "com.adobe.granite (Repository) JMX" mBean, (which doesn't seem to run at all and returns "null"). I've started and stopped the server several times, but I can't get the nodes back. When this happened previously with a 5.6.1 instance, and I edited repository.xml and ran the consistency check, the nodes re-appeared, but that's not happening in this case. Please help!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The symptoms indicates there is another workspace created may be due to change in repository path or OS level file system issue.  Attaching the logs to daycare before & after issue occured could lead to find the operation that caused it.   Most of time I have seen is due to new team doing an installation or os update without knowing their implementations. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

I have passed this question to AEM support - you need input from support. There is some sort of bug here.  

Level 4

I created a Daycare ticket, but has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you resolve it, (If you were able to resolve it)?

Level 9

One thought that popped into my head was permissions.  Is it possible read permission was accidentally removed for /apps? 

You can look at the Permissions for the userid you're using to sign in with using the security console.

-JK

Correct answer by
Level 10

The symptoms indicates there is another workspace created may be due to change in repository path or OS level file system issue.  Attaching the logs to daycare before & after issue occured could lead to find the operation that caused it.   Most of time I have seen is due to new team doing an installation or os update without knowing their implementations. 

Level 4

JK Kendall wrote...

One thought that popped into my head was permissions.  Is it possible read permission was accidentally removed for /apps? 

You can look at the Permissions for the userid you're using to sign in with using the security console.

-JK

This seems to fit the symptoms. All of the other content is there, and visible. It's just the folders/nodes that was under /app that are gone, and there are rep:policy nodes showing up under every node, (and they weren't there before).

Level 4

Sham HC wrote...

I've seen that happen, but when that happens, you have a clean install. In this case, all of the other content under /content, in the DAM,  /etc  are all there. It's just the /apps that is gone, (along with all of my components).

Level 4

smacdonald2008 wrote...

I have passed this question to AEM support - you need input from support. There is some sort of bug here.  

One other question. Are rep:policy nodes supposed to be a part of AEM 6.1??? I thought you switched to a new ACL mechanism/implementation with the move from 5.6.1, to 6.1? If that's the case, they shouldn't be showing up in a 6.1 instance, right?