Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

HTTP ERROR 503.AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

Level 2

Hii All,

Every time , when i create a new maven project build(Build success), and deploy that to LocalAEM Author instance, it worked for the first time deployment as the instance is currently running.

Keshri123_0-1655839209394.png

But once i close the AEM instance and restart AEM it, it shows HTTP ERROR 503.AuthenticationSupport service missing. Cannot authenticate request.

I am using MavenArchetype 35, AEM version 6.5.0.

Please can any one help me in solving this.

Kindly note i have gone through many solutions of this issue like deleting index file and repo files, but it did not worked.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Keshri123 

Please verify your steps as below

1. Building project in batch mode with below command (maven archetype 35)
    mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=35 -D aemVersion=6.5.0 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite
    Please verify above command, you might missed specifying aemVersion=6.5.0 because default is set to cloud

2. Verified AEM core component is in Active stateScreen Shot 2022-06-22 at 10.45.41 AM.png

3. Deployed project on AEM 6.5.0
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 10.46.07 AM.png
  4.  Deployed project and verified bundle is Active
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 10.57.10 AM.png

5. Now verified AEM Core Components Bundle - 2.17.12 is in Installed state.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 11.59.39 AM.png

6. Installed AEM SP 6.5.11 (as the latest versions of Core Components requires at least Service Pack 6.5.6.0+)
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 12.09.59 PM.png

7. Looked back to AEM Core Component Bundle - in Active state.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 12.11.05 PM.png

Absolutely works fine!

Note: If you wish to deploy MavenArchtype 35 by default core component come up with version 2.17.12
Please check it in parents pom.xml 

<core.wcm.components.version>2.17.12</core.wcm.components.version>

You can change version to 2.8.0 which is compatible for AEM 6.5.0, Please check here core component compatible version https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/versions.html?lang=...

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Keshri123 ,

Check whether your Apache Sling Authentication Service Bundle is active or not. You can check at http://localhost:4502/system/console/bundles , If it is not active then try to activate it manually.

If the bundle is active and you still get the issue then other solution is to re-index your repository.

You can try below options:

1. Try to delete below 2 files and restart the instance:
    /author/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore/re
    If this also don't work,
  2. Stop the instance, delete the index folder and restart again, which will build your indexes again and might take some time to start.Wait for indexing to be completed.You can enable debug logs and check indexing logs in error.log

Refer to following article for How to re-index AEM Repository: http://www.wemblog.com/2011/12/how-to-rebuild-index-in-cq5-wem.html

Hope that help you!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 2

Hi @SantoshSai , 

Same issue is coming. I am not getting what error is this. 

Keshri123_0-1655839761500.png

Community Advisor

@Keshri123 Pre-assuming you already installed core component, based on above screenshot it clearly shows, your Core Component bundle is in Installed state.

Please check in what errors. It should be in Active state to be functional.

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 3.45.23 PM.png

Also appreciate if you gives us system specs - AEM version, Java etc.

Level 2

Hi @SantoshSai ,

I have this package installed state , not in active state. 

And i am not able to activate it also. Any suggestion Please

Keshri123_0-1655895031575.png

AEM version - AEM 6.5

Java- 11

maven- 3.8.5

Community Advisor

Installing the latest service pack will activate the bundle. Kindly do so.

Community Advisor

Hi @Keshri123,

I have faced this issue multiple times. If the methods mentioned by @SantoshSai do not work, try to update your instance to the latest service pack.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Level 2

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam ,

Whenever i have to close the AEM instance, and again create everything from start.

Its very hectic to  run quickstart jar files again and again.

Community Advisor

Try to put all the required packages in the install folder when you start your fresh instance. check this helpful blog: https://blogs.perficient.com/2017/07/03/four-tips-for-aem-beginners-overcoming-common-issues/#:~:tex....

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

Hi @Keshri123 ,

please update your instance to the latest service pack.

you can download one from here : https://experience.adobe.com/#/downloads/content/software-distribution/en/general.html 

Thanks,

Sravan

Employee

Hi @Keshri123,

Looks like Core Components did not get installed correctly. Can you check Package Manager to see if they got uploaded? /crx/packmgr/index.jsp

Can you also confirm if the instance was previously upgraded from 6.4? If so, please try out the following steps and see if that helps:

1. Stop the instance if it's running already.

2. Download this commons-io jar (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-io/commons-io/2.6/commons-io-2.6.jar) to the server and place it under crx-quickstart/install

3. Restart the instance using the below command

java -server -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsling.run.modes=author,crx3,crx3tar -jar cq-quickstart-6.5.0.jar  -p 4502 -Dsling.properties=conf/sling.properties -Dorg.apache.sling.launchpad.startupmode=UPDATE &

4. Check /system/console/bundles, once all bundles are in active state and then stop the instance again.

5. Restart the instance through the below command

java -server -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dsling.run.modes=author,crx3,crx3tar -jar cq-quickstart-6.5.0.jar -p 4502 -Dsling.properties=conf/sling.properties &

Thanks!!

Level 2

Hi @vanegi 

when i deploy the package, it is showing in /crx/packmgr/index.jsp. But when close the AEM and restart it, this issue is coming.

And i have not upgraded from any lower version.

Community Advisor

Hi @Keshri123 One possible reasion could be Repository Initialization configuration created by latest Maven Archetype to initialise project specific structure. There are few solution you can try.

1. Update your AEM to at least 6.5.5 as repo init properly supported from this version. Update to latest would be better.

2. While creating project add AEMVerion if you are using non cloud version.
3. Change configuration from .json to .config. ie. 

org.apache.sling.jcr.repoinit.RepositoryInitializer~<your-project>.cfg.json
to 
org.apache.sling.jcr.repoinit.RepositoryInitializer~<your-project>.config

https://github.com/adobe/aem-project-archetype/issues/852

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Keshri123 

Please verify your steps as below

1. Building project in batch mode with below command (maven archetype 35)
    mvn -B org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:3.2.1:generate -D archetypeGroupId=com.adobe.aem -D archetypeArtifactId=aem-project-archetype -D archetypeVersion=35 -D aemVersion=6.5.0 -D appTitle="My Site" -D appId="mysite" -D groupId="com.mysite
    Please verify above command, you might missed specifying aemVersion=6.5.0 because default is set to cloud

2. Verified AEM core component is in Active stateScreen Shot 2022-06-22 at 10.45.41 AM.png

3. Deployed project on AEM 6.5.0
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 10.46.07 AM.png
  4.  Deployed project and verified bundle is Active
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 10.57.10 AM.png

5. Now verified AEM Core Components Bundle - 2.17.12 is in Installed state.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 11.59.39 AM.png

6. Installed AEM SP 6.5.11 (as the latest versions of Core Components requires at least Service Pack 6.5.6.0+)
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 12.09.59 PM.png

7. Looked back to AEM Core Component Bundle - in Active state.
    Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 12.11.05 PM.png

Absolutely works fine!

Note: If you wish to deploy MavenArchtype 35 by default core component come up with version 2.17.12
Please check it in parents pom.xml 

<core.wcm.components.version>2.17.12</core.wcm.components.version>

You can change version to 2.8.0 which is compatible for AEM 6.5.0, Please check here core component compatible version https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/versions.html?lang=...