Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to use Dispatcher to publish from CQ5 Author instance to CQ5 publish instance..?

Level 2

I'm able to publish site from author instance to publish instance using generic procedure, now i want to publish this with help of Dispatcher i download it and configure it with IIS now i'm confusing which instance should we host on IIS and how to host that instance, so someone suggest me best way to complete my job.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Amit,

If you hit the the URL with the web server port number, you should be able to see the page. 

These things should be done:

1. Install Apache / IIS

2. include dispatcher.any file and configure the cache , rules etc 

3. Set the dispatcher flush to your web server url on the replication agent of publish instance.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 8

Dispatcher is not a tool for replicating content. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

scott

Level 2

Actually i want to use Dispatcher with my publish instance of CQ5 site.

Level 2

I have installed publish instance for CQ5 site and also configure dispatcher with publish instance but here i'm confused how i determine dispatcher is working or not for publish instance.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Amit,

If you hit the the URL with the web server port number, you should be able to see the page. 

These things should be done:

1. Install Apache / IIS

2. include dispatcher.any file and configure the cache , rules etc 

3. Set the dispatcher flush to your web server url on the replication agent of publish instance.

Level 2

Hi bsloki,

1. I have already IIS web server.

2. Configure dispatcher with my custom site  and put all the configuration for publish instance in dispatcher.any file like hostname,port no. etc.

4. now i'm opening my publish instance there i go to Tools>Replication>Agent on Publish>Edit>Transport Tab, there i'm providing URI of my IIS site where i configured Dispatcher, now i test connection that time it showing error  HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error  can you suggest what i'm missing here.

Thanks.

Level 9

is the dispatcher.any file has any with your publisher instances used for your application?