Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to reset a @property/ @AttributeDefinition value

Level 2

Hello

Am trying to figure out how can we reset the @property (scr version) or @AttributeDefinition (osgi version) values?

For e.g. I have a simple component with a property greetingMessage and deployed the component to AEM and updated the value in /System/console/components using configuration manager (http://localhost:38600/system/console/configMgr/org.aem.samples.aem_samples.core.servlets.SimpleComp...​ and now I would like to reset the value to whatever is in my java component value.

Thanks

Basheer

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you have not created a configuration for a service yet,  but started to modify its default configs via webconsole, deleting the configuration via webconsole helps. If you create a config within the repo and then delete the configuration via webconsole, this repo-based configuration will be gone.

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you have not created a configuration for a service yet,  but started to modify its default configs via webconsole, deleting the configuration via webconsole helps. If you create a config within the repo and then delete the configuration via webconsole, this repo-based configuration will be gone.

Jörg

Level 2

Thanks! Worked for me (though I was not able to delete the configuration from web console but unbind and installing my code again reset the values to java code version.