Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

How to reset a @property/ @AttributeDefinition value

Level 2

Hello

Am trying to figure out how can we reset the @property (scr version) or @AttributeDefinition (osgi version) values?

For e.g. I have a simple component with a property greetingMessage and deployed the component to AEM and updated the value in /System/console/components using configuration manager (http://localhost:38600/system/console/configMgr/org.aem.samples.aem_samples.core.servlets.SimpleComp...​ and now I would like to reset the value to whatever is in my java component value.

Thanks

Basheer

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you have not created a configuration for a service yet,  but started to modify its default configs via webconsole, deleting the configuration via webconsole helps. If you create a config within the repo and then delete the configuration via webconsole, this repo-based configuration will be gone.

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If you have not created a configuration for a service yet,  but started to modify its default configs via webconsole, deleting the configuration via webconsole helps. If you create a config within the repo and then delete the configuration via webconsole, this repo-based configuration will be gone.

Jörg

Level 2

Thanks! Worked for me (though I was not able to delete the configuration from web console but unbind and installing my code again reset the values to java code version.