Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

new Versions don't appear in Sidekick when created trhough VersionManager

Level 2

Hi,

I'm successfully programmatically creating new versions via the VersionManager. My code is as follows:

final Workspace workspace = session.getWorkspace();

final VersionManager versionManager = workspace.getVersionManager();

final VersionHistory versionHistory = versionManager.getVersionHistory(nodePath);

String label = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyyMMddHHmmssSSS").format(new Date()).toString();

final Version v = versionManager.checkpoint(nodePath);

if (v != null) {

log.debug("Process: Adding Label for {}", v.getName());

versionHistory.addVersionLabel(v.getName(), label, false);

I can confirm that new versions are created by viewing them in CRX DE under the Version History. The Frozen Nodes are created.

However, the new versions do not appear in siteadmin under Restore Version, or on the Page Edit Sidekick in the Versioning Tab in Author runmode . What am I missing to make sure the new versions are selectable and viewable in those menus?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you check, if version nodes has cr:predecessors and jcr:successors properties

If you want to create version for page you can use PageManager's createRevision method.

PageManager ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.53.39 PM.png

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Can you check, if version nodes has cr:predecessors and jcr:successors properties

If you want to create version for page you can use PageManager's createRevision method.

PageManager ("The Adobe AEM Quickstart and Web Application.")

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 10.53.39 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for your reply. That's one of the things I checked. I created versions programmatically and via the Create Version feature through the sidekick. I compared both versions of nodes created and they both have the same properties, including predecessors and successors.

The only difference I noticed was that the jcr:frozenNodes that are created through the UI have 4 extra properties over the ones that are created programmatically: cq:childrenOrder , cq:name , cq:parentPath and cq:siblingOrder . Otherwise, everything else is the same property wise.

Level 2

I'll try using the PageManager and see if that resolves the issue.

Level 2

Using PageManager instead of VersionManager was the right solution. Thank you @arunp99088702