Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to republish/replicate a datastore item?

Level 4

Hi All,

I have been having trouble with datastore items not being refresh in the publish instance of aem. I can see the updated values within the author edit mode on a page where the data is displayed.. but the same page when published does not grab the updated data.

The datastore is sitting on the path /content/websitename/datastore and is not visible in the actual author view.. I can only view it through the admin console.

Is there a way I can force these items to republish? As I can't access them directly it's proving a little tough. 

3 Replies

Level 4

Currently... I am just adding them one by one to the distributor using the paths.. but there are... quite a few to do :(. A less painful option would be awesome.

Community Advisor

Do you have access to tree replication ?

https://www.cqtutorial.com/courses/cq-admin/cq-admin-lessons/configure-cq-replication/cq-activate-tr... 

You can try replicating node using tree replication if this works for you?

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

it might be possible that you are not able to see  /content/websitename/datastore in aem author view as jcr:primaryType is not of cq:Page.

if you have to publish all the datastore node inside  /content/websitename you can publish the websitename folder and if only specific as per some filter criteria you can use replication tree if that fits for your requirement.

otherwise you can try with workflow package and select individual nodes there.

Hope that helps