Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to prevent BOT Attacks in Form

Level 4

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to add captcha in my form to prevent bot attacks.

My Initial thought is to include Google Recaptcha but later I came to know like google API will not work in China.Since our majority of the client business is from china.I could not leverage google captcha.

Is there any alternative options available.Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Sambasivaraja.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Sambasivaraja

We are also working on defining a solution for Bot attacks on forms, here is what we are doing:

1. Honeypot technique: http://jennamolby.com/how-to-prevent-form-spam-by-using-the-honeypot-technique/

2. CSRF: The CSRF Protection Framework  (but this doesn't work for anonymous users and hence it is of no use to us)

There are other ways to implement captcha too but Google's Recaptcha is the best bet.

Recommendations for java captcha libraries - Stack Overflow

Another good read: Captchas vs. Spambots: Why the Slider Captcha Wins - UX Movement

Thanks

Dipti

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi Sambasivaraja,

You might need to host server near to china instead of china and use mod proxy to redirect to google Or use different service provided.

firewall - Recaptcha - Availability in China - Stack Overflow

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Sambasivaraja

We are also working on defining a solution for Bot attacks on forms, here is what we are doing:

1. Honeypot technique: http://jennamolby.com/how-to-prevent-form-spam-by-using-the-honeypot-technique/

2. CSRF: The CSRF Protection Framework  (but this doesn't work for anonymous users and hence it is of no use to us)

There are other ways to implement captcha too but Google's Recaptcha is the best bet.

Recommendations for java captcha libraries - Stack Overflow

Another good read: Captchas vs. Spambots: Why the Slider Captcha Wins - UX Movement

Thanks

Dipti