Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to overlay DAM Update workflow in AEM 6.5

Level 9

I want to add one new process in the DAM update workflow hence I planned to overlay OOTB DAM update workflow into /conf location and sync my workflow into var location. I see both my /conf and /var are synched. However, when I upload a new asset into DAM, my overlayed DAM update workflow does not work.

The status shows it is being processed and I don't see any error in logs as well. Could someone tell me if I'm missing any step for the DAM Update process?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

It sounds like you have correctly overlaid the OOTB DAM update workflow in your /conf location and synced it to /var, but there might be some issue with your new process that is preventing it from executing. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that your new process is correctly defined in the workflow model. Check that the process step is correctly configured and that the process arguments are passed correctly.

2. Check the AEM logs to see if there are any error or warning messages related to your new process. This can give you a clue about what might be going wrong.

3. Check the permissions on your workflow model and the DAM asset node. Make sure that the authoring team has the necessary permissions to execute the workflow.

4. Try running your workflow manually on a test asset to see if it works as expected. This can help you isolate the issue and identify where the problem might be.

5. If you are still unable to identify the issue, try simplifying your process and gradually adding more complexity until you find the point where it stops working. This can help you identify the specific problem that needs to be addressed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@Mario248 Please check if the Workflow launcher has been configured correctly with your new workflow.

<host>:<port>/libs/cq/workflow/admin/console/content/launchers.html

Level 9

yeah, I checked it. Workflow launcher is pointing to new location that is /conf

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

It sounds like you have correctly overlaid the OOTB DAM update workflow in your /conf location and synced it to /var, but there might be some issue with your new process that is preventing it from executing. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that your new process is correctly defined in the workflow model. Check that the process step is correctly configured and that the process arguments are passed correctly.

2. Check the AEM logs to see if there are any error or warning messages related to your new process. This can give you a clue about what might be going wrong.

3. Check the permissions on your workflow model and the DAM asset node. Make sure that the authoring team has the necessary permissions to execute the workflow.

4. Try running your workflow manually on a test asset to see if it works as expected. This can help you isolate the issue and identify where the problem might be.

5. If you are still unable to identify the issue, try simplifying your process and gradually adding more complexity until you find the point where it stops working. This can help you identify the specific problem that needs to be addressed.