Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to move assets from dev to production in AEMaaCS

Level 9

In AEMaaCS, I would like to move 10GB of assets from development to production. Can I move 10GB assets from the dev cloud to the production cloud using the package manager? I would appreciate it if you could suggest an alternative method.

Do we need any CSE help to deploy the package in AEMaaCS as we do on AMS?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @KannanC 

There are two ways:
1. Move it by Package Manager. Ideally, the size of Package depends upon the Network Bandwidth. Have seen customers building Content Package as high as 1GB. There is no official limit to the size of your package. 10GB Content can easily be broken into multiple packages and uploaded to higher environments.

2. If the migration is from AMS to AEMaaCS, you might have already leveraged on CTT to get Content from AMS to AEMaaCS Dev. If the content is almost same, then consider using CTT to get the Content on Production from AMS, and then identify the delta Content on Dev Environment, and take the Package Manager approach for Delta Content on Dev

Please note that the Content Tool which is to be released by Adobe in near future is supposed to sync Content from Prod to Non Prod i.e Backward flow and not the Upward flow

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @KannanC 

There are two ways:
1. Move it by Package Manager. Ideally, the size of Package depends upon the Network Bandwidth. Have seen customers building Content Package as high as 1GB. There is no official limit to the size of your package. 10GB Content can easily be broken into multiple packages and uploaded to higher environments.

2. If the migration is from AMS to AEMaaCS, you might have already leveraged on CTT to get Content from AMS to AEMaaCS Dev. If the content is almost same, then consider using CTT to get the Content on Production from AMS, and then identify the delta Content on Dev Environment, and take the Package Manager approach for Delta Content on Dev

Please note that the Content Tool which is to be released by Adobe in near future is supposed to sync Content from Prod to Non Prod i.e Backward flow and not the Upward flow