Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to modify Geometrixx-Gov such that loggedin users can see only THEIR drafts

Level 2

I am trying to modify the GeoMetrixx-Gov site in AEM 6 such that a logged in user can only see THEIR drafts under "/content/geometrixx-gov/en/myforms.html". Currently, if user1 saves a draft and user2 logs in, then user2 can also see the draft saved by user1. I want user1 to only see drafts saved by them. 

Looking at the code in "/etc/designs/geometrixx-gov/fp/draft/template.html" I think the servlet that sends all the drafts back is located here:

"/libs/fd/fp/components/draftsAndSubmissions/draftsAndSubmissions.jsp"

However, looking at the code of that JSP page, I'm not sure what modifications I should be making such that logged in users only see THEIR forms and not everybody else's

But in this code I can't locate how to stop users from seeing each others' drafts. 

Where should I be modifying to make this happen?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Current behavior works as you expected.

In the publish instance, it shows only the 'Signed In' Users drafts under 'My Applications' 

Are you looking at something else ? can you give a snapshot or more details on your usecase ? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Current behavior works as you expected.

In the publish instance, it shows only the 'Signed In' Users drafts under 'My Applications' 

Are you looking at something else ? can you give a snapshot or more details on your usecase ? 

Level 2

Hi, 

I made this screencast video of a fresh AEM 6 install to demonstrate what I'm saying. In this video you'll see that I create two users testuser1 and testuser2. When testuser1 saves a draft and then I login as testuser2, the testuser2 can see the draft saved by testuser1 (vice versa). 

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mg89iqv_cI&feature=youtu.be

I start my local instance like this: " java -Xmx1024M -jar AEM_6.0_Quickstart.jar "

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong or if you have any suggestions. 

Thanks