Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

how to make textfield non editable in dialog box

Level 3

In my dialog box , i am getting some value in textfield based on the value selected from dropdown . But currently i can make changes in retrieved values that i don't want. I need to make it non editable so that the retrieved value will remain as it is .

Edit- If i make it disable than that textfield name property will not saved as JCR property.

Please assist.

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Touch UI or Classic UI?

Level 9

amangoyal15 wrote...

In my dialog box , i am getting some value based on the value selected from dropdown . But currently i can make changes in retrieved values that i don't want. I need to make it non editable so that the retrieved value will remain as it is .

Hi,

if it is classic ui, you can set disabled (true) as a property in textfield xtype node.

Level 3

PFA .

I  am not getting any field like disabled for xtype

Level 10

You need to add that as a property with name disabled,  value 'true' and  type boolean.

Classic UI already has these available in framework

Level 1

Jitendra S.Tomar wrote...

amangoyal15 wrote...

In my dialog box , i am getting some value based on the value selected from dropdown . But currently i can make changes in retrieved values that i don't want. I need to make it non editable so that the retrieved value will remain as it is .

Hi,

if it is classic ui, you can set disabled (true) as a property in textfield xtype node.

and in Touch UI ?

Level 1

Hi Gaston Abasto,

Did you find any resolution for this?

Community Advisor

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no widget property that can make your field non editable but there is listeners node available to take action on various widgets events. you can use loadContent event to explicitly set the field to readonly.

Here is the screenshot for your reference.

I have used simple jquery

function(field,record,path){ $("input[name='"+ field.name+"']"  ).attr("readonly",true); }

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Nupur

Level 2

Hi Amangoyal,

Add a boolean property like below :

properties :  readOnly type :Boolean value : true