Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to invoke a workflow providing data/arguments using Java API

Level 4

Hello folks. I've followed this https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/invoking-experience-manager-workflows-using.html and can invoke my workflow using the Java API. I'm trying to tweak this example so that I can start the workflow with MetaDataMap containing key value pairs for the steps to work with. The log message prints the key and value sets. But the steps in the workflow do not have this data. How do I pass a MetaDataMap to the workflow when starting it with the Java API?

//This is a component so it can provide or consume services @Component @Service public class InvokeWorkflowImpl implements InvokeWorkflow { @Reference private WorkflowService workflowService; @Reference private WriteService writeService; private Session session; protected final Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(this.getClass()); @Override public String StartWorkflow(String workflowName, String workflowContent, MetaDataMap metaMap) { try { //Invoke the adaptTo method to create a Session ResourceResolver resourceResolver = writeService.getResolver(); session = resourceResolver.adaptTo(Session.class); //Create a workflow session WorkflowSession wfSession = workflowService.getWorkflowSession(session); // Get the workflow model WorkflowModel wfModel = wfSession.getModel(workflowName); // Get the workflow data // The first param in the newWorkflowData method is the payloadType. // Just a fancy name to let it know what type of workflow it is working with. WorkflowData wfData = wfSession.newWorkflowData("JCR_PATH", workflowContent); for(Entry<String, Object> entry: metaMap.entrySet()){ log.info("WF Args entry="+ entry.getKey()+" "+entry.getValue()); wfData.getMetaDataMap().put(entry.getKey(), entry.getValue()); }                         // also tried                            // wfSession.startWorkflow(wfModel, wfData, metaMap);
// Run the Workflow. wfSession.startWorkflow(wfModel, wfData); return workflowName +" has been successfully invoked on this content: "+workflowContent ; } catch(Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); } return null; } }
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I have an answer posted here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31594292/how-to-invoke-a-workflow-providing-data-arguments-using-... in the execute method I was trying to use the MetaDataMap parameter, but needed to use workItem.getWorkflowData().getMetaDataMap()

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

I have an answer posted here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31594292/how-to-invoke-a-workflow-providing-data-arguments-using-... in the execute method I was trying to use the MetaDataMap parameter, but needed to use workItem.getWorkflowData().getMetaDataMap()

Level 10

That is a good next article for this series. I will make sure we get that written. In mean time - I have asked WIll (our eng member) to look at this.