Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

How to import wknd demo project into eclipse?

TB3dock
Level 7
Level 7

This document:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/developing/devtools/aem-eclipse.html?l...

says how to add the eclipse aem plugin, and how to create a new project, but the section on importing an existing project is blank.

In eclipse when I import existing projects, there are some options:

TB3dock_0-1617731328270.png

I am guessing we should check "Search for nested projects" as this finds a lot of stuff.

When imported this way, eclipse reports a lot of errors in both java and maven config, although I can build on the command line.

TB3dock_2-1617731641023.png

If I try to create a new java class, e.g. in core, it doesnt give this option. The only option is "file".  When I create java file, its empty. This makes using eclipse for java development pointless - at least VS code recognises that if you create a file called xxx.java, it adds the package and class name.

Presumably, Eclipse doesn't recognise the latest AEM wknd project as a java project, even though it recognises it as maven.

2 Replies
asutosh_jena
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @TB3dock 

Please follow the below steps to import an existing maven projects into Eclipse:

• In Eclipse, choose File > Import…
  • In the Import Dialog, choose Maven > Existing Maven Projects, then click “Next”.
  • Enter the path to your project’s top-level folder, then click “Select All” and “Finish”.
  • You are now all set for using Eclipse to develop your AEM project.

asutosh_j3_2-1617763210091.png

For more details please refer the below article by Adobe:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/devtools/howto-projects-ecl...

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

TB3dock
Level 7
Level 7
Thanks. I tried this also, gives same results. Ill just stick with VS Code.