Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to hide/disable publish/unpublish option in touch UI for AEM 6.1 for certain groups

Level 4

Hello Team,

I have a requirement to hide/disable the publish/unpublish option for certain user groups.

i thought of going with the straight forward approach of removing the replicate option for the content path for that user groups and publish/un publish option is hidden as expected.

But when the user from that group is deleting any of the pages, its triggering the request for delete workflow and assigning it to the administrator, even though user has the read, write, modify and delete permissions on that content path. Administrators has to complete those request for deletion steps to complete the flow. Its triggering the request for delete workflow even for unpublished pages too.

Is there an alternate way to achieve this requirement of hide/disable the publish/unpublish option and still able to delete those unpublished pages with out going through the request for delete workflow?

Best Regards,

Durga

3 Replies

Level 10

There is no standard OOTB way of doing this. That is - in AEM - there is no Admin functionality that lets an admin specify which buttons to hide or display based on user roles.

Administrator

[Classic UI]

You should be able to hide the publish button by going to /useradmin select the user or group you want to change then go to the permissions tab and uncheck the replicate checkbox

[Touch UI] As mentioned by Scott, we do not have OOTB for this.

Check this:- User Administration and Security

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Durga, as I observed workflows sit in admin queue only if user do not have full delete access. On sidekick user see 'Delete Page' option (n there is no easy way to hide that).

The way we overcame this problem in our system: Created a custom 'Delete workflow' and have user submit workflow instead of clicking 'Delete Page' on sidekick. You can either have authorized people approve or automatically delete with a notification (that can be used for audit purpose).

Delete workflow w/o approval:

Delete workflow without approval.JPG

Delete workflow with approval:

Delete workflow with approval.JPG

With ACL, I can hide Delete on classic UI not figured out on Touch UI.

Hide Delete.png