Highlighted

JSON reponse for inherited child page

vijayk87714775

14-02-2018

I was able to generate page json response with URL-1.json . but issue here is I have a parent page which has left navigation tree  and its inherited across all child pages.
I was able to see tree in the json response when I use parent page. But with the child page I am not able to see  tree in the json reponse .

Any one has any thoughts ?

Thanks

Replies

Highlighted

vijayk87714775

14-02-2018

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for replying and I have tried with what u have suggested, but still  tree doesn't show  in the json response.

Highlighted
Highlighted

vijayk87714775

15-02-2018

I've a iParsys on a page on which a component is there and so that component is inherited on all child pages. When I try to generate the JSON of page on which iParsys is there using selector-extension (-1.json) I get the JSON response that displays component properties which is there on iParsys. But, when I try to generate the json response using same selector-extension for child pages, then it generates the json but doesn't display component properties which is there inside iParsys.

I hope it makes it clear what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks,
Vijay

Highlighted

Hemant_arora

16-02-2018

You will not be able to get it directly through page-name.json as the iparsys node is not present under the child page. However if you are trying to get it in sightly through java-script api , then get the parent page json always and get the value or you make a separate call to parent page json always and tweak the logic such that on all child pages of that particular template , you can iterate and get value. or you might have to overlay the iparsys component and customize the creation of iparsys node in child page or you can write a service/servlet that returns the json of a page and check in your logic if the the page has iparsys and has children then add the parent page iparsys json object to child page json. something like that.