Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to create custom parsys or extend parsys?

Level 4

i have requirement to create a custom component where i need to change default text of parsys. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you want to change the defualt 'drop component here' text. Then you can set the jcr:title property e.g. jcr:title="Parsys Title" to extended parsys component and add below css rule to change the text. you can use cq.authoring.dialog category for clientlibs.

e.g.

div.cq-Overlay--container.cq-draggable.cq-droptarget[title="Parsys Title"] .cq-Overlay--placeholder::before {
    content: 'custom comonnet drop text'
}

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you want to change the defualt 'drop component here' text. Then you can set the jcr:title property e.g. jcr:title="Parsys Title" to extended parsys component and add below css rule to change the text. you can use cq.authoring.dialog category for clientlibs.

e.g.

div.cq-Overlay--container.cq-draggable.cq-droptarget[title="Parsys Title"] .cq-Overlay--placeholder::before {
    content: 'custom comonnet drop text'
}

Arun Patidar

Level 4
@Deleted Account, thanks for prompt answer, could please guid me that where to change and what to change?

Community Advisor

Hi, create a custom parsys component

{
  "jcr:primaryType": "cq:Component",
  "jcr:title": "Parsys Title",
  "cq:isContainer": true,
  "sling:resourceSuperType": "wcm/foundation/components/parsys",
  "componentGroup": ".hidden"
  }

create clientlibs with category cq.authoring.dialog and add css rule which I mentioned.

Arun Patidar

Level 4
Arun, is there any way to initialise a default text whenever or wherever i use custom parsys?

Community Advisor
Hi, The text is hard coded in javascript, so you can't replace with property. The solution is use title as unique property and add CSS rule for that

Arun Patidar