Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

how to create custom parsys or extend parsys?

karthick1356
Level 2
Level 2

i have requirement to create a custom component where i need to change default text of parsys. 

1 Accepted Solution
Arun_Patidar
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you want to change the defualt 'drop component here' text. Then you can set the jcr:title property e.g. jcr:title="Parsys Title" to extended parsys component and add below css rule to change the text. you can use cq.authoring.dialog category for clientlibs.

e.g.

div.cq-Overlay--container.cq-draggable.cq-droptarget[title="Parsys Title"] .cq-Overlay--placeholder::before {
    content: 'custom comonnet drop text'
}

View solution in original post

0 Replies
Arun_Patidar
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you want to change the defualt 'drop component here' text. Then you can set the jcr:title property e.g. jcr:title="Parsys Title" to extended parsys component and add below css rule to change the text. you can use cq.authoring.dialog category for clientlibs.

e.g.

div.cq-Overlay--container.cq-draggable.cq-droptarget[title="Parsys Title"] .cq-Overlay--placeholder::before {
    content: 'custom comonnet drop text'
}

View solution in original post

karthick1356
Level 2
Level 2
@Arun, thanks for prompt answer, could please guid me that where to change and what to change?
Arun_Patidar
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi, create a custom parsys component

{
  "jcr:primaryType": "cq:Component",
  "jcr:title": "Parsys Title",
  "cq:isContainer": true,
  "sling:resourceSuperType": "wcm/foundation/components/parsys",
  "componentGroup": ".hidden"
  }

create clientlibs with category cq.authoring.dialog and add css rule which I mentioned.

karthick1356
Level 2
Level 2
Arun, is there any way to initialise a default text whenever or wherever i use custom parsys?
Arun_Patidar
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
Hi, The text is hard coded in javascript, so you can't replace with property. The solution is use title as unique property and add CSS rule for that