Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to apply the dialog validation specific to certain templates in touch UI? Please suggest

Level 4

Hello Team,

Earlier in CQ 5.6.1 we used to write with WCM_MODE=EDIT for applying the client libs with categories name in the headlibs.jsp of that specific template.

Now with AEM 6.1, we are giving categories as cq.authoring.components that way where ever needed those javascript files are available for all the authoring dialogs across the pages.

Now what I did is i wanted to have some specific validation for certain templates and i included the client libs with categories name(custom.validation) in the headlibs.jsp of that specific templates where i need custom validation in addition to cq.authoring.components. But my custom validation client libs is not coming up when I load the page. only cq.authoring.components client libs only is coming up.

I do not see any javascript errors on the console.

couple of questions:

1. Do we need to do any thing extra on touch UI to get the custom validation for specific templates in addition to adding the categories in the headlibs.jsp

2. By just mentioning the client libs categories as cq.authoring.dialog, how it includes in the project. I am not seeing any where in the headlibs.jsp, the inclusion of categories cq.authoring.dialog

probably I am seeing the headlibs.jsp inclusion as <cq:includeClientLib categories="cq.foundation-main"/>, probably cq.foundation-main inturn is having that cq.authoring.dialog as dependencies.

Do I need to do any thing differently in Touch UI, if I need to do some specific validation for couple of templates in addition to the normal validation that I am doing for all other pages.

--CQVoyager

1 Reply

Level 2

cqvoyager wrote...

Hello Team,

Earlier in CQ 5.6.1 we used to write with WCM_MODE=EDIT for applying the client libs with categories name in the headlibs.jsp of that specific template.

Now with AEM 6.1, we are giving categories as cq.authoring.components that way where ever needed those javascript files are available for all the authoring dialogs across the pages.

Now what I did is i wanted to have some specific validation for certain templates and i included the client libs with categories name(custom.validation) in the headlibs.jsp of that specific templates where i need custom validation in addition to cq.authoring.components. But my custom validation client libs is not coming up when I load the page. only cq.authoring.components client libs only is coming up.

I do not see any javascript errors on the console.

couple of questions:

1. Do we need to do any thing extra on touch UI to get the custom validation for specific templates in addition to adding the categories in the headlibs.jsp

2. By just mentioning the client libs categories as cq.authoring.dialog, how it includes in the project. I am not seeing any where in the headlibs.jsp, the inclusion of categories cq.authoring.dialog

probably I am seeing the headlibs.jsp inclusion as <cq:includeClientLib categories="cq.foundation-main"/>, probably cq.foundation-main inturn is having that cq.authoring.dialog as dependencies.

Do I need to do any thing differently in Touch UI, if I need to do some specific validation for couple of templates in addition to the normal validation that I am doing for all other pages.

--CQVoyager

Hi There, 

Did you get solution for this issue.