Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How do we capture the events in publisher for the activation

Level 6

Hi team,

I have a situation like if the page is activated in authoring instance then needs to push same page to AWS cloud. So far we are handling this situation in activation event. Now the problem with this approach is few times page is not getting pushed to publisher but that is available in AWS. we don't want this to happens. So what we are planning to do is activate the page ,once that page is available in publisher capture the event in publisher to push that to AWS. 

what event I can capture in publisher for this? Please suggest.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Team,

I am able to solve the problem by capturing the page creation and page modification events in publishers.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

You can try implementing EventHandler/Listener and handle PageEvent. This will capture all events on a page and you can do your custom logic.It will be a costly operation though as eventhandler will be triggered for every modifications.

Employee

You could have custom workflow launcher to listen to node modified or node created which would trigger the workflow and within that workflow you could make a rest api call to push the page to AWS cloud.

Level 2

You can try relay replication. A publisher can be configured to relay replicate the content it received on activation from author. One aspect to take care is typically you would be having multiple publishers. You would have to designate one and configure it for relay replication as otherwise every publisher would be replicating further which is undesirable. This one publisher would then be an odd man out in your publisher farm, and would have to be taken care of when you run the maintenance activities.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Team,

I am able to solve the problem by capturing the page creation and page modification events in publishers.

Thanks

Level 10

Thanks for posting the solution,