Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How could I know a node was un-published in a time range.

Level 2

The reason why I want know this is I wanna get the delta changes after a specific timestamp from my publisher instance which node has been changed. I can get the added or modified nodes because they have timestamp to tell me when they have been changed, but I can't get the deleted nodes.

For example I have a node tree in AEM and it has been full published to my publisher instance.

leonzhao0327_0-1594262299162.png

And I have deleted the node "Page A-2" at some point.

leonzhao0327_1-1594262335478.png

The node "Page A-2" would just disappears from my publisher instance, there is no any records to tell me when it has been un-published.

A piece of my mind to solve this problem is handle the replication event and change the parent node modified timestamp if the child page will be un-published. But I don't think it's a best practice.

Is there any other way I can do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @leonzhao0327 

If you want to know the deactivation history, you need to look at tracing in audit log.

You can see the solution detailed in below thread. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/publish-unpublish-history/...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @leonzhao0327 

If you want to know the deactivation history, you need to look at tracing in audit log.

You can see the solution detailed in below thread. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/publish-unpublish-history/...

Community Advisor

one way to solve this issue could be workflow . You can have have a workflow  which will get launched whenever author deletes a page a notification will be sent to your inbox .. This way you can keep track of all the deleted or deactivated pages.

Or  trace the audit log as mentioned by @Vaibhavi_J 

Community Advisor

If you are versioning the pages then you can get the delete page info from timeline on Author instance.

Arun_Patidar_0-1594330066773.png

Arun Patidar

Administrator
Great way to post the questions.

Kautuk Sahni