Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How can we disable strict mode while running min:gcc

Level 2

We configured our AEM instance to use these OSGi configurations

com.adobe.granite.ui.clientlibs.impl.HtmlLibraryManagerImpl.xml

htmllibmanager.minify="{Boolean}true"

htmllibmanager.processor.js="[min:gcc;languageIn=ECMASCRIPT_2015]"

The minify errors and when it encounters

05.04.2019 12:24:41.774 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1554481481510] GET /content/xxxx/xxxx/us/en/xxxxxx/home.html HTTP/1.1] com.google.javascript.jscomp /etc/designs/sites/xxxxxxxx/main/script.js:4023: ERROR - Object literal contains illegal duplicate key "background", disallowed in strict mode                                             background: "-moz-linear-gradient(" + oldBrowsers + ")",

Also it errors here

05.04.2019 12:20:12.114 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1554481211211] GET /content/xxx/xxxxx/us/en/xxxxxx/home.html HTTP/1.1] com.google.javascript.jscomp /etc/designs/sites/xxxx/xxxxx/main/script.js:3349: WARNING - Parse error. String continuations are not recommended. See https://google.github.io/styleguide/javascriptguide.xml?showone=Multiline_string_literals#Multiline_...         var modalHTML = '\                         ^

We can eliminate these errors if we refactor the code.

Is there a way to configure min:gcc avoid these JavaScript Parsing Errors and still use min:gcc?

5 Replies

Level 2

Thanks Vishu, I tried adding the parameter to the jsProcessor in the HTML Manager

min:gcc;languageIn=ECMASCRIPT_2015;strict_mode_input=false

I get the same errors with this configuration. Is there another place I should input the strict_mode_input=false ?

Employee Advisor

Not sure John.

According to docs: 

• Now ES6 language mode defaults to strict mode. If you don't want strict mode checks, use the --strict_mode_input=false flag.
  • Allow --strict_mode_input flag to work in all language modes, including ES3.

Employee Advisor

Might be some issue with the format. Also, try to clear cache and rebuild clientlibs.

Level 2

Can you tell what's the correct format please for AEM.