Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How can I upload a directory tree in CRXDE lite to /etc/fmdita/dita_resources?

Level 2

I see how I can use curl in a script to do this. Can I do this by drag and drop? The files are text files (a DTD and XML catalog).

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

You could use webdav to upload structured resources into AEM using a client like Cyberduck or OOTB OS tools. Refer [0] for more details

[0]

WebDAV Access

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

You could use webdav to upload structured resources into AEM using a client like Cyberduck or OOTB OS tools. Refer [0] for more details

[0]

WebDAV Access

Level 2

It doesn't allow me to drag files into /etc/fmdita/dita_resources when I've mounted the drive as admin.

Level 4

is it only path in /etc/fmdita/dita_resources? Does it work for other paths?

Checked drag and drop from local drive to mount drive on MAC for a different path on my 6.4 instance and was able to add multiple files to AEM through webdav

Level 4

Another way you could add the resources is through code, which is suitable if its a one time job and build the application package as part of maven project

Level 2

Yes. The question is essentially asking how to do this without writing a program.

Level 4

Well there must be some kind of information [logs] on the webdav client if uploads are not working for certain paths. Please check if there's a difference for the path where upload works and doesn't. It might be worth to try a different webdav client 

Level 2

Ah. It's only the /etc path that I'm not allowed to write to. It works over webdav if use the full path.

Level 2

Navigate, not write. I can't navigate to /etc over webdav, but I can to /etc/fmdita/dita_resources.