Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How are Content Fragment Lists sorted if multiple Fragments have the same value for the Order By Field?

Level 2

I am using a Content Fragment list component(v1) to display content fragments, and I have set the Order By field.

If multiple content fragments have the same value for this field, what order will they be in? Will they be randomly sorted, or sorted by some other fields like Created

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

It depends on the parent node. If parent node is node support the order then alphabetical order will be followed e.g sling:OrderedFolder otherwise the order of creation e.g. sling:Folder

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @ColdBuffalo
It is not possible to use more than one sort order.

If the two CF have the same sort value then the ordering is the node in the tree/AEM.

arunpatidar_0-1669976456231.png

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thank you for your explanation. Could you please explain how the order of nodes in the tree is determined? Is it based on the order they are created, or the alphabetical order of their names?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

It depends on the parent node. If parent node is node support the order then alphabetical order will be followed e.g sling:OrderedFolder otherwise the order of creation e.g. sling:Folder

Arun Patidar

Employee Advisor

If the values are the same of the field selected for Order By, then their node hierarchy will be used to define precedence.