Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Getting form contents in the email workflow task

Level 5

So we;'ve a form and on the post of it, the data reverse replicates to author which seems working fine. What we want is to add a step, to send an email to us that includes form data plugged in a nice template. So we should be able to define an email template with variables and plug in form data into it so we get an email with all data entered.

Any useful link would work as well where it describes the process to configure the email task as well [where to update the template etc]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

All,

I got this working and it is picking up the variables from the form. It works as expected. The template thing is a bit tricky , had to be in exact format for the template to pick it up, plus lower case for variables!!! sweet!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Just spoke with Eng. They told me that you cannot do this out of the box. You will have to write a custom workflow step. We have a community article that describes how to write a custom workflow step that sends email messages. See: 

http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-custom-aem-workflow-steps.html

Level 5

Hey, i was able to make it work, except it keeps complaining missing the to address

here is the template i plugged in, if you can talk to engineering why the "to" is not getting picked up, that would solve it and i can share the solution.

subject=Workflow NOtification\n
to=cvajre@imf.org\n

header=-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n \
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n\n

message=${payload.FirstName}\n

footer=\n \
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n \
View the overview in your ${host.prefix}/inbox\n \
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n \
This is an automatically generated message. Please do not reply.

Level 4

Can we get this added to OOTB?  Adding form variable to an email is a very basic need.

Correct answer by
Level 5

All,

I got this working and it is picking up the variables from the form. It works as expected. The template thing is a bit tricky , had to be in exact format for the template to pick it up, plus lower case for variables!!! sweet!