Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Get author actual name not userid

Level 3

I have requirement to get author name who has created the page. I am able to get fetch pageProperties.jcr:createdBy but its giving me author user Id. I want the actual name of the author(full name). How we can achieve this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is an example User profile. The user ID is set in pageproperties jcr:createdBy 

Sady_Rifat_0-1681388064355.png

This is the user data in CRX stored. You need to fetch the user familyName and givenName.

Sady_Rifat_1-1681388189460.png

Now when this user is creating a page userID will place in pageProperties.jcr:createdBy

Read this user ID and place it in Java code

UserManager userManager = request.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(UserManager.class);
Authorizable authorizable = userManager.getAuthorizable("userID");

Now actually you will know the actual user profile path by 

authorizable.getPath()

Now resolve the resource and get the necessary values: 

String fName = request.getResourceResolver().getResource(authorizable.getPath() + "/profile").getValueMap().get("givenName", "");
String lName = request.getResourceResolver().getResource(authorizable.getPath() + "/profile").getValueMap().get("familyName", "");

Note: You might not have access to read value under  /home/users/ except for the administrator user role. In that case, you can create a service user instead of request.getResourceResolver() use only resourceResolver which has the permission of the service user. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello you can do it in 2 ways:

Follow this document: https://www.albinsblog.com/2015/03/how-to-get-userinfo-through-java-api-in.html#.ZDfbs9JBxH4 

Or,

You can use this code snippet

UserManager userManager = request.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(UserManager.class);
Authorizable authorizable = userManager.getAuthorizable("userIDFromCRX");
String fName = request.getResourceResolver().getResource(authorizable.getPath() + "/profile").getValueMap().get("givenName", "");

User: http://localhost:4502/libs/granite/security/content/v2/usereditor.html/home/users/we-retail/DSCP-ath...

User data in CRX: /home/users/we-retail/DSCP-athB1NYLBXvdTuN

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is an example User profile. The user ID is set in pageproperties jcr:createdBy 

Sady_Rifat_0-1681388064355.png

This is the user data in CRX stored. You need to fetch the user familyName and givenName.

Sady_Rifat_1-1681388189460.png

Now when this user is creating a page userID will place in pageProperties.jcr:createdBy

Read this user ID and place it in Java code

Authorizable authorizable = userManager.getAuthorizable("userID");

Now actually you will know the actual user profile path by 

authorizable.getPath()

Now resolve the resource and get the necessary values: 

String lName = request.getResourceResolver().getResource(authorizable.getPath() + "/profile").getValueMap().get("familyName", "");

Note: You might not have access to read value under  /home/users/ except for the administrator user role. In that case, you can create a service user instead of request.getResourceResolver() use only resourceResolver which has the permission of the service user.